Monday, July 21, 2014

Simple Sixteen Free Quilt Pattern

Hi there! I am really excited to share this quilt with you guys today for Christmas in July! 

This quilt has been in the works for a little while now, and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!   This quilt was made from the Back Porch Prints from Wilmington Prints.  These prints are 1930's inspired Christmas prints, and are really spectacular.   To stick to the vintage theme, we thought it would be great to use a linen fabric for the background fabric.  The two different fabrics really play well with each other and give it an awesome vintage vibe and great texture. 


Simple Sixteen Quilt Kit -- Purchase HERE    SOLD OUT




Simple Sixteen is made from 16" blocks that are made using basic piecing techniques.  This quilt comes together quickly and you can easily adjust the size of the quilt by adding or taking away blocks. 



Simple Sixteen was pieced by Nettie Moore and quilted by Kathy Lefler.  They both did such a wonderful job with the quilt! It turned out better than I imagined it would!

The quilt was quilted using a simple straight line design.  The backing on the quilt is the Peppermint Swirl Red print from Wilmington's Back Porch Prints.   



The binding was done by hand by Nettie Moore, and she used all the leftover scraps to make a scrappy binding for the quilt.  






Talk to you soon,


13 comments:

Cal said...

Love the wonderful look of this quilt, the linen being used. Simplicity pays off very clearly in this pattern. Well done!

Susan R said...

When I saw this quilt today I had a "light bulb" moment. I am going to make this pattern using my calico fabric (that's been in my stash for awhile). I'm going to use muslin for the background fabric. Thank you so much for the inspiration; I love your blog.

Kathleen said...

Love this pattern! Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

Are you talking about fat quarters or 1/4 yards, measured the entire width of fabric (40 inches)? Thanks, Sue Gaffney

Fort Worth Fabric Studio said...

Hi Sue! This quilt was made with 1/4 yards (skinny quarters - 9" X full width of fabric) :) --Jodie

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

This is a really pretty quilt, Lindsey!

eileensideways said...

i really love the simplicity of the quilt and the gray background.

Bella-Dura Fabric said...

Really I like the pattern!!!

GJH50 said...

My inspiration was similar to Susan R's--except that I want to pull from my collection of gently used men's shirts, with muslin or another solid as sashing.

GJH50 said...

My inspiration is similar to Susan R's, except that I plan to pull from my collection of gently used men's shirts, and use muslin or another solid as sashing.

Anonymous said...

Love the pattern. Need to check my stash.

Unknown said...

I love the colors and the print in this christmas quilt. I'll try to use my calico fabrics and use a lot of reds. I t looks so happy and warm. Thanks for the free pattern.

Unknown said...

I love the colors and the print in this christmas quilt. I'll try to use my calico fabrics and use a lot of reds. I t looks so happy and warm. Thanks for the free pattern.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...